With Maria Ewhe:
Mercy Aigbe is a Nigerian actress, director and businesswoman, born on January 1, 1979 in Edo State (Nigeria), the second child in a family of five. She attended Maryland Comprehensive Secondary School Ikeja, Lagos; The Polytechnic Ibadan, Oyo State where she received her OND in Financial Studies and then The University of Lagos for a degree in Theatre Arts. She earned a degree in Theatre Arts from the University of Lagos in 2001, and joined the industry fully in 2006. Mercy Aigbe is known for her unique style and dressing as social media can’t seem to get enough of her. With her strong personality and a high rocketing acting career, She has been casted in over 50 yoruba movies. Mercy is currently working with charitable organizations for strive and violence against women, following her marital challenges with her husband which has been surfacing the social media for some time now alongside other top Nigerian actresses.
Honours and achievements
• She won the Best Actress in Yoruba award at the City People Awards held in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State.
• Best Indigenous Language (Yoruba) (2014)
• Best Actress in a supporting Role (Yoruba) (2010)
• Best Actress in an Indigenous Movie Nomination (non-English speaking language) (2012)
• City People Entertainment Yoruba Movie Personality of the year (2015)
• Fashion Entrepreneur of The Year Awarded by Links and Glitz World Awards (2015)
• Mercy Aigbe foundation