Connect with us

CRIME

Police in Imo Kill Armed Robbery Gang Leader – CP

Published

on

Share

The police command in Imo said it had shot dead a notorious kingpin of an armed robbery gang during a gun duel in Nsu forest, Ehime-Mbano council area of the state.

The notorious robbery kingpin was popularly known as Bugatti.

The Commissioner of Police (CP) in the state, Rabiu Hussaini, disclosed this on Saturday in a statement by the spokesman for the command, CSP Mike Abattam.

He said the kingpin had been on the wanted list of the police after leading series of deadly armed robbery attacks in the state.

The CP further disclosed that two of the robbery gang members escaped with bullet wounds, while a revolver pistol was recovered from the deceased.

“Following information received by the vigilante group of Nsu community on Aug. 20, 2021 at about 1420 hours,  one of the notorious leaders of an armed robbery gang who is on the wanted list of the community was sighted in the community.

“The community’s vigilante group that has been working in synergy with the police immediately alerted the police patrol team in the area and the team moved to where the suspect and his gang members were hiding in the bush,” the statement said.

It added: “On sighting the security men, they opened fire and during the gun duel, the leader of the group, `Bugatti’, was neutralised and his gun recovered and taken to the station, while the other two suspects escaped with bullet wounds.

“When the  revolver was checked, it was discovered that it was one of the police revolvers that were carted away during the #ENDSARS saga, when the Police Area Command Headquarters at Ehime Mbano was attacked by hoodlums.

“Meanwhile, efforts are on to arrest the two suspects who escaped with bullet wounds and other members of the gang presently in hiding.

“The CP, while commending the good people of Imo for their undaunting support to the command, urged all the communities in the state to form vigilante groups in their areas to work in synergy with the police.” (NAN) 

CRIME

Police Detain 2 Suspects, Recover 25 Stolen Phones in Borno

Published

on

Share

The Nigerian Police Command in Borno has apprehended two suspects and recovered 25 stolen mobile phones during a stop-and-search operation along Damboa Road, in Maiduguri.

The Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Nahum Daso, disclosed this in a statement in Maiduguri on Wednesday.

Daso explained that the suspects, identified as Ibrahim Abubako, and Ibrahim Mohammed, were intercepted by the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) on Dec.

10 while riding a tricycle.

He said that during the search, the operatives uncovered various mobile phones reportedly stolen from individuals across communities and villages along the Borno -Adamawa State border.

He identified some of the communities as Mubi, Tashan Alade, Miringa, Kwaya Kusar, and Biu Local Government Area of the state.

The spokesman said that during interrogation, the suspects confessed to snatching the phones from their victims.

“The police have initiated efforts to return the recovered devices with their rightful owner.

“Also, the suspects will be charged to court upon conclusion of investigations,” he said.

Daso reiterated the commitment of the Police Commissioner in the state, Yusufu Lawal, to maintain public safety during the Yuletide season. (NAN)

Continue Reading

CRIME

Niger Police Command Arrests Three Suspects over Assault on Council Boss

Published

on

Share

From Dan Amasingha, Minna

Days after the Chairman of Katcha local government area of Niger State,  Danlami Abdullahi  Saku was assaulted and seriously  injured over his inability  to settle  a campaign  loan he obtained,  the State Police  Command said three suspects were now in their  custody  over the incident.

Niger State Police Command Spokesman, Wasiu Abiodun  in a release on Wednesday said  On 16/06/2024 at about 1800hrs, information was received at Katcha Div that the Chairman Katcha LGA Hon.

Danlami Abdullahi Saku was attacked by some miscreants along Saku-Gadza village after the Sallah prayer at his village Saku, Katcha LGA.

According to the Police Public Relations Officer,   the attack was allegedly reported to be linked to a debt issue between the Chairman and one Yanda of the same area.

He noted that the Chairman sustained serious injury during the attack and he was taken to Gen. Hospital Bida, and later referred to another hospital for further treatment.

A preliminary investigation was conducted at Katcha Div and three suspects were later identified, apprehended and transferred to Bida Area Command.

The suspects arrested are; Alh. Abdullahi Kasimu 68yrs of Gadza village, Katcha, Alh. Baba Moh’d 30yrs of the same village and Ahmadu Moh’d 25yrs.

The suspects were transferred to SCID on June 21st for discreet investigation and prosecution.

“During interrogation, Kasimu narrated that he lent the victim over a million naira since August, 2023 and that several attempts to recover the money proved abortive.

“He further said that on June 16th, the victim promised to come and see him, and while he was on the way after the Sallah prayer, his son Ahmadu Moh’d, his in-law Alh. Baba Moh’d among others accosted the Chairman, had an altercation and inflicted serious injuries on the victims”

The State Police Command acknowledged that the victim was about to transfer the money to him at the point before being rushed to the hospital.

However, the suspects are under investigation in SCID, Minna. Efforts are ongoing to apprehend others at large, and they will be charged to court for prosecution immediately after investigations.

Continue Reading

CRIME

Chief Imam’s Sallah Ram Stolen in Jos

Published

on

Share

There was a drama as the sacrificial ram of the Chief Imam of the Mista Ali community in Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau State, Imam Abdulkadir went missing on the eve of the Ed-el-Kabir.

Abdulkadir’s ram was reportedly stolen during a downpour in the area on the eve of the Ed-el-Kabir.

An Imam in the community, Haruna Yaqub, disclosed this during the sermon, shortly after the two Raka’at prayers.

Yaqub, who condemned the incident, described it as “insensitive”.

He added that the act showed that people lack fear for God.

The Imam said, “The Ram of our Chief Imam, which he purposely brought to sacrifice, has been stolen in the night.

We are really shocked by the incident. We were surprised to hear this story. This means that people are not God-fearing.

“It is scary that people have gone to the extent of stealing ram meant for religious activity.”

Speaking further, he urged people to be God-fearing and not engage in either stealing or any act of criminality.

He stressed that everyone will account for their actions on earth and hereafter.

“It is high time people repented and took the path of Allah. It is not too late. People should stop committing bad things and act according to Allah’s commandments,” he urged.

Continue Reading

Read Our ePaper

Top Stories

NEWS10 hours ago

Investors lose N91bn as NGX Opens Bearish

ShareThe stock market on Wednesday opened the week bearish as performance indices declined by 0.14 per cent. Specifically, the Nigerian...

NEWS10 hours ago

Police Intensify Surveillance at Sagamu Interchange

Share The Police Command in Ogun says it has beefed up security at the Sagamu Interchange on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway...

NEWS10 hours ago

Abia Govt. to Crack Down on Traditional Rulers Shielding Criminals

Share The Abia State Government says it will intensify efforts against criminal activities by scrutinising traditional rulers suspected of harbouring...

SPORTS10 hours ago

Solution FC Ends Lobi Stars Federation Cup Journey in Aba

Share Solution FC of Anambra on Wednesday defeated Lobi Stars of Makurdi 2-1 in the ongoing Nigeria Federation/President Cup to...

NEWS10 hours ago

Ex-NYSC DG, Tsiga, Regains Freedom from Abductors

Share The former Director General (DG) of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Brig,-Gen Maharazu Tsiga (rtd) has regained freedom...

POLITICS10 hours ago

Ighodalo to Appeal Edo Tribunal’s Verdict

ShareMr Asue Ighodalo, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate in the 19 September governorship election in Edo, has said he...

NEWS11 hours ago

FG Re-opens Independence Bridge in Lagos

ShareThe Federal Government has announced immediate re-opening of the Independence Bridge (Ahmadu Bello Way-Marina bound) to vehicular traffic. The Minister...

NEWS11 hours ago

South-South Devt Commission: We Need MD Position, Isoko Tells Tinubu

ShareFrom Francis Sadhere, Delta Members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Isoko Nation, Delta State have called on President...

NEWS11 hours ago

Expert Warns of Looming Food Crisis over Escalating Insecurity in Kogi

ShareFrom Joseph Amedu, Lokoja A seasoned agricultural expert, Dr. Tunde Arosanyin has warned that Agricultural production in Okunland, Kogi West...

NEWS11 hours ago

Wike Approves Employment of 34 Resident Doctors in FCT

ShareBy Laide Akinboade, Abuja The Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Minister, Nyesom Wike yesterday approved employment of 34 Resident Doctors for...

Copyright © 2021 Daily Asset Limited | Powered by ObajeSoft Inc