Connect with us

NEWS

2023: Nasarawa PDP Rep aspirant backs Gov Sule’s Re-election Bid

Published

on

Share

Mr David Ayuba-Dumwe, a Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) House of Representatives aspirant for Akwanga/Wamba/Nassarawa Eggon Federal constituency has declared support for the re-election bid of Gov Abdullahi Sule in 2023.

Dumwe, who recently defected to the All Progressives Congress (APC), following his loss at the primaries, declared his full support to Sule on Monday when he led supporters to the APC state secretariat in Lafia.

He said that his decision to defect to the APC was borne out his desire to team up with like minds in order deliver good governance to the people of the state.

According to him, Gov Sule had demonstrated commitment and a clear vision for the development of the state through the various infrastructural projects executed across the state within the last three years.

Dumwe added that he admired the governor’s leadership style and  disposition to governance, hence the decision to join the party and support him in order to move the state forward.

“Gov Sule has given the state a direction through the numerous infrastructural projects so far executed and creating a conducive environment for investments.

“It’s only mischievous people that would deny the laudable achievements of the governor for their selfish political interest,” he said.

Responding, Dr John Mamman, Nassarawa APC state chairman, welcomed Dumwe and his supporters and assured that the party was big enough to accommodate everyone.

“Don’t feel bad that you are coming late into the party, there is every opportunity for you to grow and achieve your dreams in APC,” He said.

Mamman maintained that Sule remained an asset to the party and the state given his achievements in all sectors within the last three years.

“We have given him our vote of confidence to re-contest and consolidate on the achievements recorded so far, and we shall all work hard and support him to succeed,” he said. (NAN)

NEWS

Public Disturbance: Court Orders Kano TikToker to Undergo Mental Evaluation

Published

on

Share

A Kano State Shari’a Court on Tuesday, ordered that a Kano Tiktoker Murja Kunya, be taken to a Government hospital for a mental evaluation.

The defendant, who lives at Tishama Hotoro Quarters Kano, is standing trial on a three-count charge of inciting  public disturbance, belonging to criminal gang and criminal intimidation.

Delivering a ruling, the Judge Malam Nura Yusuf-Ahmad, ordered that the defendant be taken to public hospital to ascertain her mental health due to suspected drug influence.

“The defendant previous appearance shows she is allegedly not in a sound state of mind due to suspected drug influence.

” Hisbah board should be updating the court time to time on her well-being for three months”

Yusuf-Ahmad  adjourned the matter untill May for hearing.

Earlier, the Prosecutor Prosecution Counsel, Mr Aliyu Abideen, said Kano State Hisbah Board arrested the defendent after receiving several complaints from members of the public.

He alleged that the defendant usually terrorize Tishama Hotoro Quarters Kano by bringing bad boys at midnight and  also disturbs the area by inciting disturbance and using social media to disturb members of the public.

“The defendant in one of her videos on Tiktok which went viral said she is the leader of all prostitute in the city”

The defendant, however, denied committing the offence.

According to the prosecutor, the offence contravened section 341, 275 and 227 of Kano State Shari’a Law.(NAN)

Continue Reading

NEWS

NAF Nabs Alleged Notorious Kidnapper in Kano

Published

on

Share

Troops of the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) deployed at Durbunde in Takai Local Government Area  of Kano State have apprehended a 35-year-old alleged high-profile kidnapper known as Isah Abdul.

This is contained in a statement by NAF’s Director of Public Relations and Information, AVM Edward Gabkwet, on Tuesday in Abuja.

Gabkwet said that the arrest was carried out on Monday at 6.

30 p.
m. in a well-coordinated operation following credible intelligence on the hideout of the suspect and other members of his gang.

He said that the gang was responsible for several kidnapping incidences in the area.

According to him, preliminary investigation revealed that Isah Abdul was responsible for the abduction of one Yakubu Ibrahim Tagaho, popularly known as Sarkin Noman Gaya, on April 6, 2023, from his residence in Tagaho Village in Takai LGA.

Gabkwet said that Tagaho was released a month later after a ransom of N30 million was collected by his abductors.

“In December 2023, the same criminal abducted two sisters and three others in the same village and released them after collecting a huge ransom.

“He is also responsible for several other kidnapping activities as he has strong ties with  other known kidnapping gangs like the Danbul Fulaku gang that also operates in Takai LGA.

“Isah Abdul is currently in the custody of the Nigerian Air Force and undergoing investigations.

“He will soon be handed over to appropriate authorities,” he said. (NAN)

Continue Reading

Foreign News

Palestinian Death Toll in Gaza Rises to 29,195 Amid Israeli Attacks

Published

on

Share

The death toll in the Gaza Strip has risen to 29,195 with 69,170 others wounded as the Israeli attacks continue, The Gaza-based Health Ministry said on Tuesday.

The Israeli army had killed 103 Palestinians and wounded 142 others in the Strip during the past 24 hours, the ministry said in a press statement.

It was noted that some victims remained under the rubble amid heavy bombardment and a lack of civil defence and ambulance crews.

Meanwhile, Israeli media outlets said the Israeli army forces were continuing their operations in the north centre and south of the Gaza Strip against Hamas, and have killed many fighters.

The Israeli army announced the death of a 22-year-old soldier as a result of his wounds in the Gaza battles.

The death of the 22-year-old soldier raised the death toll of Israeli soldiers killed in the ground operation to 236.

In addition, the Israeli army revealed a video of Israeli detainees alive in the first days of their detention in the Gaza Strip on Monday.

The video was showing a woman and her two children wrapped in a blanket, taken by gunmen in Khan Yunis, south of the Gaza Strip.

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) Spokesman Daniel Hagari said that the family had been kidnapped by an organization calling itself the “Mujahideen Brigades.” (Xinhua/NAN)

Continue Reading

Read Our ePaper

Top Stories

NEWS9 hours ago

Public Disturbance: Court Orders Kano TikToker to Undergo Mental Evaluation

Share A Kano State Shari’a Court on Tuesday, ordered that a Kano Tiktoker Murja Kunya, be taken to a Government...

NEWS9 hours ago

NAF Nabs Alleged Notorious Kidnapper in Kano

Share Troops of the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) deployed at Durbunde in Takai Local Government Area  of Kano State have...

Foreign News9 hours ago

Palestinian Death Toll in Gaza Rises to 29,195 Amid Israeli Attacks

Share The death toll in the Gaza Strip has risen to 29,195 with 69,170 others wounded as the Israeli attacks...

JUDICIARY9 hours ago

Surety Faces N500,000 Bail Bond Forfeiture Charge

Share A 47-year-old man, Ogbonna Anoka, who allegedly stood surety for a church member, but failed to produce him in...

NEWS9 hours ago

Flood Overruns Bridge in Lagos Community

ShareThe early morning downpour which caused heavy flood on Tuesday in Lagos, overran the Command Bridge in Ipaja, Alimosho Local...

NEWS9 hours ago

Major Oil Marketers Rally Tanker Drivers for Smooth Operations

ShareFuel marketers under the aegis of Major Energies Marketers Association of Nigeria (MEMAN) have assured tanker owners of a cordial...

NEWS9 hours ago

Fintiri Announces N10,000 Monthly Allowance for Corps Members in Adamawa

Share Gov. Ahmadu Fintiri of Adamawa has reiterated his administration’s commitment to the payment of N10,000 monthly allowance for corps...

NEWS9 hours ago

Most Wanted Serial Kidnapper in Rivers Feared Dead – Police

Share A joint operation involving the military, paramilitary and  Police, may have killed  Gift Okpara, alias 2Baba, a suspected serial...

NEWS12 hours ago

Attacks: FCTA Pledges Maximum Security for Contractors Handling Projects in Abuja

Share Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) has promised to provide maximum security for the contractors handling various projects in the...

NEWS12 hours ago

9 die, 7 Injured in Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Accident

Share No fewer than nine persons were confirmed dead while seven others sustained injuries in an accident involving a truck...

Copyright © 2021 Daily Asset Limited | Powered by ObajeSoft Inc